Immunomic Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking an innovative and highly motivated scientist to join the nucleic acid vaccine team in Oncology. The candidate will be responsible for supporting and/or leading oncology projects, and have the opportunity to identify and interrogate the immunomodulatory target pathways using cutting-edge technologies and novel approaches to enrich the UNITE platform pipeline. Prior experience in cancer immunology immunotherapy research and potentially nucleic acid vaccines is preferred but not required. The selected candidate will work closely with other scientists, participate in project teams, and work in a multidisciplinary environment in order to advance projects.
The duties of this position will involve supporting and/or leading a multidisciplinary team to develop the UNITE platform for cancer therapy, and utilizing in vivo mouse models with in vitro cell-based immunoassays to elucidate mechanism of action of these vaccines. The ideal candidate will have in-depth and hands-on expertise in immunoassays, flow cytometric analysis of immune cells and in utilizing in vivo mouse cancer models. The candidate must be able to work both independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment to design, execute, interpret and communicate oncology studies for one or more projects utilizing good scientific judgment and strong team skills. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Expertise in current technology practices in cancer biology and immunology is required
- Experience in immunoassays is required
- Experience with in vivo rodent cancer models is required
- Ability to independently design experiments, make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and deliver timely results
- Excellent presentation and oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to prepare precise technical summaries and protocols and maintenance of appropriate documentation
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative, ethics/integrity and innovation is required
- Experience in nucleic acid (mRNA or DNA) vaccination is preferred
- Experience in flow cytometry is preferred
- Experience in cancer target or drug discovery and cancer histopathology is preferred
Competencies & Skills
- Customer Focus
- Communication/Presentation Skills (spoken, written)
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration Skills
- Requires both office and laboratory work
- Able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Exposure to chemicals used in a laboratory environment with proper Personal Protective Equipment
- This position operates in a professional laboratory and office work environment
- This role requires hands-on laboratory work employing aseptic technique, standard molecular and microbial process with limited exposure to inorganic and organic compounds
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in appropriate discipline required (e.g., immunology, cell biology, molecular biology)
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience (industry experience preferred)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please visit our careers site at http://www.immunomix.com/careers/. Send your cover letter and credentials as described on the Careers page along with the Job Code: 2019RD001 in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer